Thursday, February 11, 2010

Suck It, Winter

The settling in to the new place is coming along quite nicely. We finally took some time to hang some stuff on the walls and even went furniture shopping. Surprisingly we both agreed on a numerous amount of living sets and more than likely we'll be buying in the near future.



No matter where we live there will always be a place in our home for this sign.

Every time I look at it I am instantly reminded of my girls, Elle and Princess. I miss y'all. *weep*

------------

After a week of moving and unpacking and bickering we decided a night on the town with friends was needed. The best Chinese food in town, beers, good friends, and laughs was soul healing.





------------

Me: Hey! Wouldn't it be great if we had under cabinet lights in the kitchen? It would be so nice!

Thomas: Yea, sure. I can do that.



Two trips to Home Depot, a few curse words, and four hours later...



It's absolutely beautiful and I am THRILLED with the outcome. However, we both came to a mutual decision that there would be no way in HELL we would take them with us when we eventually move. Those suckers are in there FO LIFE.

------------

Thomas and I aren't big football fans and decided to pass on the watching of The Super Bowl. BUT, we did take advantage of the 50 nuggets for $10 deal. BEHOLD!



That right there is a box full of fat filled and delicious lovin'. And before you even ask, yes we did split it and no we did not split the fries. Thomas got us our OWN fries. Super sized. Because I do not, I repeat, I DO NOT share fries. I don't care if you're my best friend, a homeless starving person on the street, or the man I vowed to spend the rest of my life with. I will not share my fries with you.

------------

I am a simple person when it comes to jewelry. I like classic designs, silver or white gold, and beautiful pieces that will go with almost anything. My friend Tracy at Minty Mocha Designs has a great on-line jewelry store where she makes each piece by hand. She even gives the pieces cute names!



One day she posted these and I absolutely HAD to have them. Her, being super awesome, sent them to me right away and they are adorable. They are a bit smaller than they appear which only makes me love them more. Fantastic job, Tracy!

------------

Um, I would like to know who in the holy HELL told Texas that it was winter. Because this is some bullshit.





It's been snowing all day. Literally. And according to our local news we all just may die. But see, this crap is exactly why I moved to Texas from Missouri. To AVOID snow. However, winter has made me it's bitch this year. Yes, I know that other parts of the country have been absolutely DUMPED on recently and they're out of power and food and blah blah but really, I expected better from my state.

Stay warm, folks.

1 comment:

Scottsdale Princess said...

I had to look up and to the right to ensure that where your sign is is exactly where MY sign is, same fucking door style too. OMG. It hangs over the door to my bedroom, and I love it and I always smile when I look at it.
Get yer ass here. fast ok?