Thursday, September 8, 2011

Goodbye

Dear Mom,

I'm just so angry and hurt. Why did you put all of this on us? The people who loved you most. We almost never got along, but I thought it was getting better. Then it stopped.

The last time I heard your voice I yelled at you in anger. I called you a liar. I'm sorry that I never got the chance to say goodbye to you. I'm sorry that the last thing I said to you was not "I love you" but was said out of anger and frustration. I'm sorry I couldn't help you. And most importantly I'm sorry that I couldn't take away your pain.

Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for putting a roof over my head. Thank you for passing on your good traits to me. And thank you for the relief you brought to me and to Gramma today.

I didn't think this would be so hard, but it is.

I hope you're finally at peace and that your demons no longer haunt you. And I hope that one day I can finally make sense of all of this.

I love you and I always have. I hope you know that.

Goodbye, Mom.

















No comments: