Friday, February 27, 2009

WTF? Where Did February Go?

Maybe it is true, the older you get the faster time seems to fly by. Or maybe it's just that February is a short month and I'm lazy when it comes to blogging.

I used to have angst and drama and a laundry list of items to bitch about but life is smooth sailing lately. Hell, life has been smooth sailing for months now. Every day is the same but different all at the same time. I realize that may not make much sense but it's the only way I can describe it.

As the weather warms up and spring eventually arrives and then turns into summer I can see myself hardly blogging at all. It's not that I don't want to it's just that sometimes you can't put moments into words and up on a screen in front of you. Or maybe I'm just not that great of a writer. I've mentioned before how I fear talking about the future too much. There are certain items that are definite to me and there are others that I have no idea if they will come to fruition. I do not care for uncertainty but I know that many things are out of my control and I just have to go with the flow. What I do know is that at this moment I am happy and that is what matters most.

Happiness and contentment tend to make for a boring blog, this I know. People (including myself) love to read about pain and anger and ranting. I just don't have it in me right now. The only frustration in my life at the moment is learning how to drive stick. Thomas, God bless his very very patient soul, agreed to put his car's transmission in serious danger and teach me. In 12 years of driving I've never had to really and truly think about what I'm doing when it comes to driving. You just get in and go right? Yea, not so much with the stick. There's the pushing of the clutch, and changing gears, and down-shifting, and trying my absolute best not to kill the damn car. It's gonna take a lot of practice and possibly one of those neck brace thingies. And maybe a new transmission too.

3 comments:

flea said...

while i'm truly happy that you are happy, I hate to see you go!!! hope you don't give up blogging entirely

I've never learned to drive stick for that exact reason! too much work, that and the hubs and I would so kill each other in the process, best to just avoid it all together!

Anonymous said...

Psh. Once you get it, once it clicks? YOu will be shifting, turning, smoking, talking on the cell and throwing back a Dr Pepper all at once.

Stick shifts ain't all that girl. You got this.

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I drive a stick. It turns the boys on. ;-)

lol

No, seriously though. After you get the hang of it, you don't even think about it anymore. I prefer the manual to an automatic.

except it makes for a rough time when you get a rental car that is an automatic. hint- the brake pedal is wider, and can sometimes be hit very hard when going for the non existent clutch. Now, THAT I needed a neck brace for. Talk about looking like an idiot.