Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Write That Down

I'm going to preface* this entire story by saying that there were very few pictures taken during the latest SWMH Club meeting. We were busy. Very busy. What with all the drinking and laughing and the talking, but it's not the pictures that matter, it's the memories. Even if those memories aren't of club hopping or singing bad karaoke. Memories are made by making numerous trips to the convenience store and one very important trip to Walmart. Memories are made sitting on the back porch and telling stories that make us all laugh until we cry. Photos aren't the most important things, friendship is.

Isn't that THE best excuse for not taking a shitload of photos ever??

As I sat in the airport waiting to leave a guy sat down across from me and then proceeded to make my eyes bleed.



Those are BLACK ankle socks. With brown slip on shoes. BLACK. WITH BROWN. And khaki SHORTS with a green shirt! As you can see, he's not wearing a wedding band because no woman would marry someone who dresses like that and even if she did she would NEVER have let him leave the house like that.

When I arrived in Phoenix I was greeted by an already crying Princess (you owe me $5 Thomas) and we did the whole run to each other and hug each other thing and I didn't even care if people thought we were lesbians.

Since we weren't heading to Tucson until much later in the day we headed to a local restaurant and proceeded to sip on this:



Yes, my friends, that is a bacon bloody mary and it was divine.

Soon we were in Tucson and we were all together! Finally! And we even had a new member joining us this time around. The time seems to fly when we're all together. It's almost as if the universe knows that we don't get to see each other very often and plays a cruel joke on us by speeding up time.

Before I knew it it was time to leave. Time to say goodbye to my wonderful friends and head back home. Tears were shed and I was heart broken. Eight months of not seeing each other is too long and God knows when I'll see them again.

To Slick, Spike, and Snoop - Thank you for such a fantastic weekend. Thank you for making me laugh until my face hurt. Thank you for my gifts and thank you for your friendship. I love you guys.





* LOL

7 comments:

Loren said...

So my question is, which is worse: black ankle socks with shorts like Chester there, or regular black socks pulled up over the calves and worn with shorts?

Mo said...

Slick: Penguins and smoke, my friend. Penguins and smoke.

Loren: Both should be punishable by death. Firing squad style.

Loren said...

Oh yeah, I picked up on that sentiment.. I'm still wondering which of the two is worse, so "both" is not one of the choices. (It's like playing F-marry-kill.. you can't say "kill all 3 of them". :))

Black calf socks because they're that much more visible?

Black ankle socks because it makes you look like even more of a ruh-tard for knowing that you should be wearing ankle socks, but still choosing black ones?

Black calf socks, or black ankle socks. Which is worse, and explain your answer. Bonus marks if you can prove it mathematically, but you need to show your work in that case. Please and thanks. ;)

Your faithful servant,
Loren

Mo said...

Don't make me fly up there and hurt you, dude. I don't have enough miles and it's still too cold for me.

Short answer: Black socks are a no-no when wearing shorts. No matter what.

Loren said...

Yeah, I know that black socks don't go in that case.. but if you had to choose one or the other...

Saved by the frosty weather again.. muahahaha. :P

Unknown said...

GET ME A BOTTLE OF WADDLE!!!!

And really? Hyperbole. That is all.

God I missyourfacesomuch!!!!

Snoop said...

TORLY ORLANDO!!!!!!!!