Monday, January 12, 2009

My Company Is Full Of Major Fail And Also The Impending Doom Known As MY BIRTHDAY OMG

For the first time in a long time I would LOVE to be doing my job right now. I've got people who want me to take their money! They want insurance and I would give anything to be able to give it to them! But I cannot. Why? Because my company is using an extremely outdated operating system that seems to fucking FAIL on a regular basis. The only upside to this is that I can do whatever the hell I want on the internet in the meantime. The downside is that I've reached the end of the intarwebz and nothing is interesting me in the least. Figures...

I did something today that I can't remember ever doing before in my life. I bought myself an early birthday present. The gift of a glowing complexion and future skin cancer. Yes, that's right, I signed up for tanning.

Since it seems that winter really is here to stay for another 4 months or so and I'm not near crazy enough (or drunk enough) to sit outside in 50 degree weather in a bathing suit in order to get that sun-kissed glow I broke down and signed up for unlimited visits. We'll see soon if this idea, like my company's operating system, is full of fail.

Speaking of my birthday, it's on Friday and I am both dreading it and looking forward to it. I've never minded gaining another year, the only issue I have is that my birthday usually sucks to no end. Whether it's my car breaking down, my own mother forgetting that she birthed me on that day, or my husband up and leaves me there's usually some disaster that comes along to ruin the day. However, this year I am keeping an open mind. I'm with the most wonderful man I could ever dream of, I am surrounded by friends who love me (or at least do a fine job of pretending that they do), my car is decent and I'm in no fear of it breaking down, and I'm also taking the day off of work. I figure if bad luck wants to come and get me it will have to deal with me at home, in my pajamas, under the covers cause that's where I'll be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aught Nine will break the curse baby. Trust.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweetie. I hope this one is the one to change all of that nasty stuff from the past!