Friday, July 10, 2009

One Year *

It was a year ago that Thomas and I met thanks to Craig and his list and my search for a vacuum cleaner. Instead of a vacuum cleaner I found my soul-mate. Some emails followed with some beer and it was all down hill from there. What I thought would be a few dates along with some fantastic romps in the sheets turned into a beautiful relationship. A partnership with mutual respect and more chemistry between two people than I thought was possible to occur without the world exploding into a million pieces.

Our relationship evolved so quickly that at times I wondered if it was a dream. One step, then another, and then another but it all felt so right.

"Wanna get together for a drink?"
"Sure!"

"I love you."
"I love you too."

"I emptied the bottom two drawers and made some room in the closet."
"I'll be home tonight."

"Will you marry me?"
"Yes!"

Where we were a year ago is nothing like where we are now. Both of us putting everything out there, either to be rejected like in the past or accepted like we wanted. We clicked. It all came together like a puzzle. Piece by piece we magically fit. We've floated through this past year on a cloud. Step by step we continue to move. Each step coming naturally and not because it's just something we think we have to do. In a year's time we've achieved more than some do in a lifetime. We found the one who fulfills us. The one who inspires us to do better, to be greater, to go farther than we thought was possible.


T-

Thank you for being who you are. You are an amazing man and my best friend. The keeper and co-producer of my secrets. The one who picks me up and brushes me off when the world kicks me down like the bully on the playground. The one who makes me feel like the queen that you tell me I am.

When I think of you I smile. When I look at you I turn into a puddle of lovey gooey mush. When I kiss you I still get butterflies in my stomach. When I walk into a room I am proud to have you at my side. Our future is bright, our love is unbreakable, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life telling you just how truly wonderful I think you are.

Happy One Year, Baby. I love you.

-M





* Tomorrow, the 11th, is technically our anniversary but I'm posting this today cause it's my blog and I can do what I want.



7 comments:

S said...

Isn't it strange how quickly life can change and how someone you didn't even know a year ago can become the most important person in your life?

A very sweet post. I am glad you have found happiness with Thomas.

Anonymous said...

I love you too, My Queen...more than words can describe, more than emotions can show, more than one can fathom. You light up my world like no other and understand me as though you are in my head. You start my day off with a smile and end it with a relaxing breath. Everyday with you is new, exciting and fun, thankfully, with no end in sight. You get me and for that I am eternally devoted, eternally yours and eternally greatfull.

Happy Anniversary.

-T

Anonymous said...

*weep*

Scottsdale Whore said...

YAY! Let's go to effin Vegas already! Sheesh!

Oh and because it will make you laugh...

GAY!

Anonymous said...

76 DAYS, WOMAN! 76!!!

And you're right, that did make me laugh. Out loud.

flea said...

awww what a sweet touching post! happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

omg I think I just got butterflies for you. He's ADORABLE! So so so happy for you guys!