Friday, July 31, 2009

The Dress: It Fits...Barely

Thanks to our new friend the Spanx Bodysuit (Seriously, all hail the mother effing Spanx) and a strapless bra I was able to get into the dress. Got into it AND it zipped up. Let us not talk about how much strength it took from Kimberly AND Thomas to zip it up. No, we won't speak of it. I was beyond thrilled that I had been able to finally get it on but the excitement ended when I realized that I hadn't taken a breath in over two minutes, my lips turned blue, and I passed out.

Just kidding.

I didn't pass out. However there is little to absolutely NO breathing room in this dress. With less than 60 days to the wedding I was terrified that I wouldn't be comfortable at all in this thing and that I wouldn't even be able to eat at our own wedding dinner. Alas, cooler (and much saner) heads prevaled and I was convinced that by the time the wedding came around I would fit into the dress perfectly. The official dress fitting is tomorrow and I'm thrilled at the prospect of walking into the store and telling them that the only change that should be made is the sash around the middle. No taking in or letting out necessary, thankyouverymuch.

57 days to go...

3 comments:

S said...

I love Spanx. Seriously, one of the best inventions EVAH. (I wore a Spanx body shaper on my wedding day, too.)

It's on starting Monday!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! Nearly there girlfriend, nearly there!

Anonymous said...

Sweat on baby girl! :-) I can't wait to see pictures of the big day!