Monday, October 19, 2009

My Day Off And We Start Another Countdown

Have I mentioned lately how much I heart my in-laws? I'm not even kidding either. These people are absolutely amazing. We can show up any time. They feed us. They give us beer. And then? They make us laugh. A LOT. Oh and then they offer to pay for a cruise for us for a wedding gift! Yea, read that again. A 5 day cruise to the Caribbean in January. Paid for. WOOOO!

82 days to go...

I woke up this morning and I just couldn't do it. You know those days where you're sitting in bed and having that argument in your head about whether you should just get your ass up and shower or stay in bed and sleep? I did that at 6:00 this morning. The lazy-skip-working-cause-it's-Monday-and-fuck-Mondays-Mo-won. I love that Mo. She's my favorite.

Because I absolutely loathe daytime television I've been cleaning since noon. Channeling my inner Monica Gellar and Danny Tanner I'm kicking dust bunny ass today. It's amazing what you can get accomplished when you don't have that 8 hour workday getting in the way.

4 comments:

S said...

Hooray for great in-laws! I am very fortunate in that department myself (and they paid for our wedding/honeymoon trip to Maui as our wedding gift). Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, and btw: I totally agree that I could get a lot more done in a day if I didn't have that pesky thing called my full-time job interfering. LOL

Lizabrat said...

Awesome!!!! And I'm glad the fav Mo won ;)

flea said...

SHUT UP!!! omfg a cruise! wow I hate you a little

lucky you! my in-laws have bought us nothing so far for the baby, NOTHING, meanwhile my parents have been buying stuff left and right

enjoy your day at home!

Anonymous said...

Wow am I a bad blog-follower. Jeeze, I went back to the end of August and got my ass caught up. I had no clue your mom was so painful on your wedding trip: I'm sorry she lived up to your fears (she is so much like Eric's mom, it's scary).

Scrapbooking? Really? Who'd have thunk?!

Loved the Oktoberfest pic - comical.

I'm sorry, I read so many entries, I can't remember what I wanted to say...lol