Thursday, October 29, 2009

Well, Is It?

Is it weird that even though I hate myself for scrap-booking our wedding that I get a sense of accomplishment after I finish working on a page? Six pages down, only 111ty pages to go...

Is it weird that I thank my immune system every morning when I wake up that I haven't gotten the slightest bit ill lately? With everyone around me coming down with something every day you would think that I would be lying in bed, dying a slow death but not feeling a thing thanks to the wonder that is NyQuil. All hail my immune system!

Is it weird that when I found out from a cousin that my father's mother had died last week that I didn't really feel a thing? I've only met her a handful of times in my entire life and I'm sure she was a great woman but when someone you're related to by blood just up and dies I would certainly think I would feel something about it.

Is it wrong of me to quietly cheer on the people on Twitter who call my mother out on her bullshit? There are a number of people on Twitter that loathe my mother. Mostly because she's a bigot and prefers the caps lock a little too much, but also because she never.shuts.up. I'm almost certain if she could she would "tweet" all day long. Thankfully Twitter was smart enough to put limits on the amounts of "tweets" one can "twitter" throughout the day. And with that I feel like a gigantic douche for even knowing those terms.

Is it strange that I go to a certain nail salon because the owner not only speaks perfect English but also because he works alone most of the time and I feel better knowing he's not talking about me, in a language I don't understand, to someone else?

3 comments:

S said...

I say "no" to all of the above.

Go immune system! I'll bet it's all that clean livin' you do. ;-)

Scottsdale Whore said...

Nope not weird at all.

LOVE YOU

flea said...

perfectly normal thoughts, not weird at all. and dang girl on the immune system, I usually get anything going, thankfully, lately I don't leave the house much so i'm not overly exposed to "germs"