Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Heart Food Filled Holidays

Yes, this is a Thanksgiving post. Yes, I realize it's a day early but come on, who has time to blog on Thanksgiving? I plan to have my butt parked on the couch watching the parade, sippin' on coffee, and waiting to head to the in-laws so I can finally eat some damn turkey and stuffing.

Do you know how long it's been since I've had stuffing?

DO YOU?

It's been a long time and my heart aches for it's carb-filled deliciousness.

Over the last week the internet has been filled with the "I'm thankful" posts. From blogs to Facebook people have been giving thanks for the blessings in their lives. Small ones, big ones, funny ones, and touching ones. So this is me, jumping on the internet bandwagon, giving thanks.

I am thankful for...

- The roof over my head, the healthy food in my belly, and the secure job that provides those.

- My health.

- My beautiful, funny, confident, and fabulous friends. Each one of them inspires me each and every day. They are the wind beneath my bingo wings.

- Family, both related by blood and by marriage. Even when they annoy me to point of contemplating homicide, or at least researching which less than stellar retirement home I will put them in one day, I still love each and every one of them.

- Thomas, the man I would move mountains for. The man who loves me fiercely, makes me laugh like no other, takes care of me, and proves to me each and every day that he would do anything for me. Without him I don't know where I'd be, but I can guarantee you that I wouldn't be near as happy and healthy as I am right now. He is my rock, my support system, the Ben to my Jerry's, my soulmate. The man I am proud to call my husband.

Happy Gobble Gobble Day, everyone!

*Edit*

I had to take time away from couch sitting and parade watching to update this post. Today is not only Thanksgiving but also our two month wedding anniversary. I received this note from Thomas in my inbox this morning:

"I know there are all the cliche things that people say they are thankful for but I wanted to write this note special for you.

It's been a while since I could really say I was thankful for anything significant. I've got my health, family, a good job and the typical things but this year specifically I have you in my life to be thankful for. You were an unwavering guiding light during the difficult times and a solid foundation for me to rebuild my life. I am unequivocally thankful that life is with you.

You are the parts of me that were missing for so long and I have realized that I lost myself somewhere along the way in the past. Together we have regained our identities and found ourselves again and, in many ways, found out more about ourselves than we may have imagined. Everything I do is for us, for you and for our lives to hopefully be enriched by my actions. I'm thankful for having you there to appreciate every part of who I am and what we are becoming as husband and wife. In taking some cues from our favorite Tuesday night show, our journey is never ending, constantly changing and becoming better as the days and weeks pass. I could never be who I am today without you, my love. You are my soul mate, my best friend, my workout partner, my inspiration, my reason for everything I do and, most importantly, my wife. I'm sure you know by now that there are no lengths I wouldn't go to ensure your happiness and provide you with everything you deserve. I hope I never fail and that will forever be my greatest fear but that is my burden to bear.

I'm excited about what is to come and thankful for everything that has been. I love you with everything that I am. You are my life, my love, my wife....my Queen.

With eternal love and affection,

Thomas"

Once again I am reminded how lucky I am and how thankful I am to have that man in my life. I am wishing everyone the very best this Thanksgiving. May you be surrounded by the ones you love, may your plate be full, and may you always remember what you're thankful for.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you.

And I love Timothy for loving you.

ScottsdaleWhore said...

*sob*

Anonymous said...

That's so beautiful *wails*