Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Food And Guns

Someone's a happy camper

My only sibling, my baby sister, graduated from high school on Friday. Thomas and I made the haul up to Missouri the day before and seeing her walk across that stage was worth every boring mile of the trek. The child was BEAMING with glee and my family and I were proud. She's not a baby anymore. She's not the 4 year-old I keep imagining her to be. She's a full fledged ADULT now and I wonder where time went.



Of course something HAD to go wrong for this poor child. It was raining cats and dogs and cows and frogs the night of the ceremony and I thought we were all going to DIE from either the epic holy floods or from a tornado. The kid got caught out in the rain and her cap was all warped and her hair was a wreck but it didn't matter to her. She was DONE with high school. Look at that beautiful smile! LOOKIT! I've never seen her happier.


Before...

Of course with any family function we have there must be large LARGE amounts of food. I knew going in that my diet was shot as soon as we crossed the border into Missouri. My taste buds were thanking me but my thighs were screaming "NO NO NO! Do you REALIZE how much time you're going to have to spend on the elliptical to work this shit off?!"

After!

Obviously my taste buds won.

Nothing like a family outing at the shooting range

Like any red-blooded American family from the Mid-West we celebrated my sister's graduation by going on a family outing to the shooting range. Yes, you read that right. And yes, we're a little rednecky. Don't hate.

Graduation cake

Just when I thought I couldn't eat anymore. When I was sure that my belly couldn't handle ONE MORE piece of food in it, out came the cake. A cake big enough for 30 people. A cake that 7 of us almost finished off. WITH ICE CREAM. Insert more screaming from my thighs here.

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!



After my sister had opened her gifts Thomas and I were told we had a surprise as well. We were given our very own cake to take home!! In celebration of our recent engagement my family gave us the cake, a card, and a couple of small gifts. We were floored. This weekend was about my sister but during this time they had all thought of Thomas and I. They wanted to do something special for two people they love so much. Those people never cease to amaze me.

Crystal engagement gift

To my sister,

Good job, kiddo. You make me proud. Looking forward to seeing you graduate again in 4 years.

I love you,
Sissy


Cute

Graduation set on Flickr



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food and Guns... yup... that's how I remembered Texas. hehe :-)