Monday, May 11, 2009

Lucky

At one point in the not so distant past I had come to the realization that I may never find that one person for me. I was content with my life and happy knowing I had a roof over my head, food (and beer, lots of it) in my belly, and a job that paid the bills. I had a wonderful beautiful group of friends who I knew would be there for me no matter what. I had a family that, even though I complain about them on a regular basis, loved me unconditionally. I had made it through some dark and desperate times and had come out the other side a smarter person. I had learned from my mistakes and did my best not to repeat them. I was a lucky lucky girl.

Then one day I met someone. Someone who made me smile, made me laugh, made me think, and made me want to be a better person. Someone who completely turned my world upside down and showed me that I was special.

When I met Thomas I thought he was too good to be true. Me, being the cynic and skeptic that I am, I waited for the other side. I waited for something bad to happen. I waited for my heart to be broken and for the disappointment that I thought was inevitable. It never happened. He proved to me time and time again that he was genuine.

Our first weekends spent together were amazing and I couldn't get over how well we clicked. We started finishing each other's sentences and almost became mind readers. We would laugh and talk for hours. Talk about our past, talk about the future. Talk about family and friends and tell old stories. What was once a leap of faith, a shot in the dark, turned into love. A magnitude of love that I never imagined I could feel. For once in my life I felt understood, loved, and accepted no matter my flaws.

After months of talking about it and weeks of planning Thomas and I have made it official. With a blessing from my family we picked out my ring and couldn't wait to tell the world that we are engaged.

The Ring

BLING!


As I think over the last 10 months of my life and as I look down at the beautiful ring I am wearing on my left hand I am reminded once again that I am a lucky lucky girl.


7 comments:

S said...

Awww. . .

Congrats!!

ScottsdaleBridesmaid said...

VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic said...

Much squeeeeeing...
Saw the pictures and then went back to the post.
This is wonderful. I am so very happy for you both.

flea said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! CONGRATS to both of you

Lizabrat said...

There is nothing greater than finding the right person, and for both of you it was time! T is an amazing man for many reasons, but especially because he has made you realize that you ARE exceptionally special (which the rest of us already knew!)
Congrats and see ya in Vegas!!!!

luckysevn said...

And here I thought this was going to be a post all about yours truly! ;-)
Sooooo happy for you, hon... and LOVE the ring pics!!! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you hun. :-) You have been through so much and I'm so glad you got someone as great as Thomas!