Tuesday, September 29, 2009

He Made An Honest Woman Out Of Me

We are back and we are married. The End.





Ha, just kidding. Do you REALLY believe that's all I would say about the trip? Oh hellllll naw. We've got a lot to cover so go ahead and get yourself a cold one and get comfy.

First, US Airways can kiss my ass. Our departing flight was canceled and then those of us in the party were all scattered about throughout the day on different flights. Did we eventually all get there with luggage and without killing someone? Sure, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that SOMEHOW my in-laws were upgraded to first class while the groom and bride-to-be were left back in coach with the other schmucks. Did we still get free drinks on the plane because the flight attendant knew we were getting married and was an absolute doll face? Yes, yes we did. But really? First class? REALLY?

We all got to Vegas in one piece. Couple by couple we trickled into Sin City and eventually we took that damn city over. There were a total of 18 of us scattered around the strip and somehow we all managed to get together several times for drinks and dinner and gambling and just enjoy each others company.

I am still absolutely amazed at how well everyone got along. Don't get me wrong, Thomas and I don't befriend people who are dicks but when you get such a large and diverse group together you expect some people to just not like other people. This didn't happen. In the end everyone loved everyone else and what a giant ass RELIEF that was for the two of us.

We took LOTS of pictures and we had our picture taken just as much. Thankfully we have friends and family who love to take pictures of us as much as we do! Those will all be coming shortly.

The day of the wedding was both wonderful and painful for both Thomas and I. We had drank too much the night before and also ate at The Worst Buffet In Las Vegas. God knows what made us sick but it was hell. I literally thought I was going to die and I was so sad that I would die before getting to marry Thomas. That's how bad it was. However, no matter what total shit we felt like we still got ready and we still looked amazing. We got up there and said our vows and both of us almost lost it a couple of times. We have some amazing photos that we will look at and cherish forever.

We are married and I couldn't be any happier. I married my best friend, the man of my dreams, the person who makes me better. I am so thrilled at what we have in store for us in the future.

Pictures to come.

4 comments:

S said...

Congratulations!!

I have been enjoying your photos on FB but wondered: isn't the dress you wore a different one from the one you'd posted photos of here? I love both dresses, just noticed a change there.

BTW, US Airways can kiss my ass, too. Hubby and I had to re-book 5 weeks prior to our most recent vacation because they unilaterally changed our non-stop flight to one that routed through Charlotte, NC. Um, if we'd wanted a change of planes, we would've booked a flight with a change ourselves! A$$wipes. And that was only my most recent bad experience with them; I have two others that are too long for this (already too long) comment. ;-)

flea said...

I totally fell for your bit at the start, I was glad that you didn't leave me hanging!

congrats on finally tying the knot and I cannot wait for the pics!!!

and if your in-laws were un-selfish pps they would've or should have offered the 1st class to you and thomas, that would've been the "right" thing to do, seeings how it was your wedding...just sayin

Anonymous said...

Because of the way each group was listed on the flight they were automatically assigned a certain flight and just happened to catch it with first class. They couldn't even have given the flight to us if we wanted it. Thomas' aunt's last name starts with a 'C' so she was able to get her and his parents in first class because they were booked as a group. They also didn't get to fly in until 2PM Vegas time and we wanted a much earlier flight because of all we had to do in Vegas on Thursday to prepare for the wedding. While I am jealous as hell that they got to fly first class I'm just glad everyone eventually made it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh and about the dress, S? I had looked for dresses online and thought I had picked one out...that is until I went to David's Bridal. They had the dress I wore and it was perfect. I changed out the white ribbon for a black one and that's it!