Friday, September 18, 2009

We're Almost There

Everything is done. The planning, the shopping, and the waiting. It won't be long now and we'll be off to Las Vegas. Off to meet our friends and family and off to begin our lives together as a married couple.

I plan to cherish every moment in Vegas. Look around, take it all in, and remember being there. Sure there will be video and pictures (LOTS of pictures) but the memories we keep with us are the most precious. The memories that cannot be captured in still photos.

I am marrying my best friend, the man that I love. Surrounded by people who love us. It's all so gushy and sickeningly sweet, but it's the truth. Next Saturday I will take a vow, a promise, to be the best partner in life that I can be. I look forward to making that promise and I also look forward to living that promise every day in every way that I can.

2 comments:

S said...

I won't be reading again before your Big Day, so I wanted to commented and say that I am very happy with you. I have been reading since before you & Mike split, and it's great to see that you've found someone who is your best friend. What a wonderful feeling!

Have a great time in Vegas! Can't wait to hear all about it!

flea said...

yay!!! i'm so happy for you and I cannot wait to see the pics!