Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pity Party, Table For One, We Can Seat You Now

Pardon me for a moment while I complain about asinine shit.

I haven't been feeling well for almost a week now. I was certain that the anti-inflammatories that the doctor had given me was the culprit of my stomach pains and queasiness but as I'm sure you know, most sicknesses are in your own head. Stress, worrying, and also being hurt has made for a bad combination. My appetite is shot and my waistline is starting to show it. I've been hormonal/insane for over two weeks now and at this point I'm just ready for a good cry.

We're less than 100 days away from the wedding and my family still hasn't booked their flight or their hotel. Of the 16 people that were invited to attend my mother, grandmother, and sister are the only ones who are a "maybe". Thomas' family? Booked. Our friends? Booked. My family? Who in the hell knows. To most people this wouldn't be that big of a deal. We're still three months away from the trip right? It's no biggie cause I'm SURE they'll be there! Yea, okay. This is my family we're talking about here. The same family who has visited me in Texas once in the last 7 years. Even when I had plenty of room and asked them to come did they? No. Why? Beats the shit outta me. I have no clue. Now, how many times have I made the 8 hour haul to Missouri and back in those last 7 years? Too many to fucking count.

In the last ten years that I've been out on my own I've never asked my family for anything. Not a favor, not a helping hand, not a single dime. Have they all been generous to me on Christmas' and birthdays? Absolutely. I'm always appreciative for what they've given me. However, I've never asked my family for a thing. When Thomas and I decided to get married they were one of the first ones to know. We've kept them in the loop about all of our plans and we've made sure that they were included in everything we're hoping to do in Vegas. They received all of the same emails as the rest of the group and all they had to do was book their trip, sit back, and enjoy the ride. No gifts, no paying for anything when it comes to Thomas and I. Just show up and watch the show. There's been some stalling from my grandmother and total silence from my mother. I'm not sure what the deal is but at this point I've about had it. I love my family, no doubt about it, but they are fantastic at letting me down.

While I'm grateful for the slimming down that a loss of appetite brings I'd rather be back to myself. I sent my mother an email this morning very careful and very kindly asking her what in the holy fucking hell is going on and why hasn't she booked yet. If it's anything like the last email I sent her I'll get nothing back or maybe she'll finally just tell me that they're not going. Either way, at this point I don't care. I just want to know before I drive myself (and Thomas in the process) bat shit crazy.

3 comments:

Scottsdale Whore said...

I heard Misery is in for some shitass weather...

If they make it, great! If not. Oh well. You tried. And WE WILL BE THERE so you know. Bojangle.

Mo said...

I'm not sure how their weather is but there's gonna be a shit storm hitting if I don't get the answer I'm wanting.

And thank GOD you and Laurie will be there. And everyone else who is going. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Workboot.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, your mom sounds like Eric's mom.

Hunny, the people who care about you and love you the most will be there. Anyone who doesn't come isn't worth the heartache and stress. Family or not. My own brother snubbed our wedding even though his wife and my niece attended. Go figure THAT one out!

Try not to let it upset you (I know that is easier said than done). Don't let their lack of response/caring/promptness ruin your special day. There are only TWO people that have to be there and that's you and Thomas. Anyone else is gravy. Love ya hun, chin up x