Monday, June 8, 2009

Taking It Easy

I was doing SO GOOD, y'all. Working out every day. Eating clean and keeping my calories in check. And then BAM!, I got hurt.

It seems that I've gone and hurt my right knee at some point this past week and unfortunately, I can't run. I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to work on the elliptical machine until I heal properly. I decided that I would be smart and take the weekend off from the gym. Try assess the damage done to my knee and take it as easy as possible. Lay out by the pool, drink a few beers, and pray that I'd heal up and be ready to run again by Monday. No such luck. Instead, I did a lot of walking around a large mall and then THIS happened...

Five Guys

That is Five Guys. That was about a gajillion calories that I consumed in roughly 15 minutes. Funny enough I didn't feel overly guilty about it all. I had worked hard over the last few weeks and I couldn't necessarily DEPRIVE myself of a damn tasty burger now could I? No way.

So I splurged this weekend and ate too much and walked around on my bum knee and never made it into the gym. No big deal right? Heh.

The work-out Gods punished me...

Oh holy shit

That right there is certifiable water damage and black fucking mold. IN MY BEDROOM CLOSET. You would think one would notice when half of your closet wall becomes covered in mold and when the floor is soaking wet. Yea, you'd think that. But in my defense it's a big fucking closet and I had a shit ton of stuff in the way where I couldn't see it. Jesus Christ I am so observant.

So I've got a bad knee which is making me limp around like a damn cripple, I ate like a pig this weekend, and I've got strange men in my apartment right now fixing this mess and probably scaring the shit out the dogs. Not to mention I may have to wash every single piece of clothing in my closet to get the mildew killer smell out. FML.

3 comments:

S said...

I know how tempting Five Guys can be. Luckily we don't have them in my area, but there is one very close to my sister's house in Virginia that I've visited at just about every occasion I've been to her place in the past few years.

I am struggling with an injury, too, though mine is an inflamed piriformis muscle (i.e., middle of my right butt cheek)and not a knee. Just do what you can exercise-wise and get back on track with the healthy eating ASAP. You can do it!

P.S. Sorry about your mold issue. Ick.

flea said...

OMG that food looks soooo GOOD right now (i'm at work and STARVING), i think I may have drooled a little....

sorry bout your knee, that's usually a big symptom from jogging and hence another reason I don't run in public, I have a bum knee from a bad injury a few years ago

we all get off track once and awhile (were human) don't worry bout it, try something not so hard on your knee like swimming or other low impact stuff (can't think of any right now..)

ScottsdaleWhore said...

EW.