Monday, June 1, 2009

117 Days...

So much progress for the wedding occured over the weekend. My dress: beautiful, fun, and ordered. Thomas' suit: he's gonna look amazing and reserved for pick-up in Las Vegas the day before the wedding. Thomas' wedding band: picked out, ordered, and also not near as expensive as I had thought it was going to be.

I had told myself that I wouldn't do a count-down to The Big Day. That I would take one day at a time, enjoy the summer, and wait patiently for September to arrive.

Seriously?

Who the hell was I trying to kid?

I am incapable of waiting for things patiently. I'm like a little kid the night before Christmas. I'm tossing and turning in my bed, just WAITING for the sun to peak over the horizon so that I can jump out of bed, wake my parents, and declare, "OMG IT'S FINALLY HERE! Now gimme my gifts!"

I'm not just impatient about the actual wedding day, I'm impatient about the whole damn thing. Seeing all of our friends and family together in one place. Spending four glorious days in Vegas with everyone. Of course, marrying Thomas is the number one item on the "Jesus Christ, is it September 24th yet or what?" list but the entire trip alone has me wiggling in my seat out of pure excitement.

We still have quite a lot to accomplish before we get there but we're on a roll. Now if only I can get through the next 117 days without driving myself absolutely insane...

6 comments:

S said...

I'd be the same way you are.

BTW, thanks for your comment on my blog this morning. I checked out that 2-week jump start program, and it looks pretty cool! Going to try out day one at the gym tonight. ;-)

Former Non-Girlfriend said...

I think you should put up a counter!

ScottsdaleWhore said...

Um did you schedule pedicure for the three of us yet? How about the pool side cocktail hour(s)? No? get on it.

Anonymous said...

Told ya chick, it will be here before ya know it!! Keep the faith (and your sanity) and it will all come good, trust momma x

Anonymous said...

haha good luck trying not to drive yourself crazy. Feel free to drive us nuts with details! We wanna know!! :-)

flea said...

omg I do the exact same thing, except, in my case it's count down to baby and the end of my life as I know it..ok ok that was harsh it''s the beginning of a wonderful new life...

either way WHY CAN'T IT BE HERE YET!!!