Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who Moved My Cheese?

I can't help but wonder to myself on a daily basis what else could possibly happen to me this year. Every day it seems that I am coming up on more and more change in my life. Some good, some really freaking fantastic, and very few are not so great.

I took another step toward the dissolution of my marriage yesterday. The initial divorce papers have been signed and notarized and now just wait to be filed with the court. I signed those papers without any hesitation. I signed them with a smile on my face. I signed them with zero regret.

I made a comment to my co-worker when I returned to my office about how strange it was that I started 2008 married, with a house, three cats, and too much weight on my ass. 2009 will be completely different though. No longer married (hopefully), in an apartment, no cats, and less one entire Olsen twin from my waistline. The difference between me and some other people is that I chose to embrace that change in my life. I welcomed it with open arms, took it out for a drink or two, and even called it the next morning. I love the change. I love the difference in me and what it has brought me.

It is because of all of this that I have stumbled into something that still takes my breath away when I think about it. Another change is coming. The future is about to begin, and it's happening very soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking about that the other day.. it has been a pretty eventful year for you overall.

I have nothing else profound to add. :)

Anonymous said...

You are friggin awesome. You have CHOSEN to accept those changes -- you have CHOSEN to be happy with where your life is taking you. That is the difference between you and 98% of all the people who are in the same position as you have been in.

Its why I adore you-- that and your hot ass.

Elle said...

Bojangle.

Hey? GET BEHIND ME!!

I love you. Much much much.

Anonymous said...

workboot

kisses and hugs

Did you book your flight yet woman?

Lepracorns rock

Anonymous said...

I love that point in your life when everything changes and you reevaluate who you are and what you want... and then embrace the whole new you, that YOU decided to become. I loved that time in my life.

good for you sweetie!