Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Guns And Beer

You may be thinking to yourself that guns and beer is just a bad mixture. It usually leads to someone getting a toe shot off and is bound to end up like a good episode of 'Cops', but that didn't happen to me. Only because I'm not completely white trash and because the guns and the beer were done on separate days.



Ah, Oktoberfest. And you're only seeing a small part of it! Thank God for the Germans.

German hat, German beer.
I think this picture speaks for itself.


The mid-way. I heart carnies!

Eatin a turkey leg
Inside the huge ass food tent. Live polka music, a turkey leg, a beer, and air conditioning. I was a happy girl.

First beer of the day
See that beer right there? I had four of those that day. Ouchie.

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
While walking through the mid-way (pretty well toasted at this point) I eyed this banana and immediately said, "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!"* Thomas vowed to return to the booth and win his woman that damned banana. As you can see, he succeeded. My hero.

Because Thomas and I are such fans of overpaying for beer and food and being in the hot Texas sun for hours at a time we thought it would be a great idea to attend another Oktoberfest. Unfortunately this one was much smaller and the beer wasn't near as awesome in it's German-kick-ass-ness.


Smaller cups, pretty much the same price, and it wasn't Paulaner. Big strike against this particular Oktoberfest. However, you drink enough of those little ones and you really don't give a shit anymore.


Old men in short pants and suspenders. How cute.


This is what happens when I'm exposed to heat and too much beer. You put a fuzzy cat toy in front of my face and I bat at it.


This festival was held in a newly re-built downtown square of my town. Mom & Pop candy stores, boutiques, drug stores, courthouse, and awesome little restaurants. Sometimes living in an older smallish town has it's advantages.





Kimberly and I
This is one of my main bitches, Kimberly. I heart her, even when she's a whore.

Okay! Enough polka dancing and beer drinking...on with the guns!


OMG LOOK! It's me with my pink gun and matching ear muff thingies! SQUEEEEEE!


Someone isn't used to a cute girly-type gun.


Yea, that's more like it.


Srsly, I'm so ready to be a Charlie's Angel.


See? Look! My aim is pretty good too! Well, kinda.


Now that's a fine lookin' family portrait right there.


And that's a fine lookin' couple too.

For more photos follow the linkage...

Oktoberfest(s) 2008


*If you aren't aware of the awesomeness that is PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME then go ahead and smack yourself upside your head and then watch this...



I dare you to keep yourself from humming this for the rest of your day. I don't think it's possible.

5 comments:

Jessica Mclain said...

Looks like you had a blast, and I love your hair by the way very nice. I miss yah and hope you have a good week!

Unknown said...

Thomas with his pinkie out while firing the lady-gun.. very classy!

You may be thinking to yourself that guns and beer is just a bad mixture.
Not really. I got a thank-you gift from a friend yesterday for doing some computer work.. he called it a "party pack". It was a 4-pack of Kilkenny beer and a box of 100 rounds of 9x19 ammo (lovingly hand-loaded by my friend's dad). :)

Unknown said...

Oh, forgot to mention. I like when Brian does the "peanut butter jelly time" dance on Family Guy. :)

Mo said...

Mama: Thank you, sweety!

Loren: Now that's how to thank someone properly. I'd love to get some ammo as a gift! Although, the .22 ammo is CHA-eeep. Love love love it.

Anonymous said...

ok... your gun is seriously hot.

But even moreso... holy hell girl! you look soo freakin good! WOAH! You look great!