Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Year In Pictures - 2008 Edition

January -






Everything changed for me. My life, my body, my way of thinking - all different in one month. Life, at the time, seemed like it was out to get me, that I would never recover. Thankfully there were those people who were there for me when I needed them the most.


February -






With the house up for sale and me not going to school I spent a good amount of time away from home. Going out with friends, celebrating birthdays, and living life the way I wanted.


March -





Feeling like a 21 year-old with no responsibilities rebellion set in big time. Partying in Austin, out drinking with friends, and getting my first tattoo. Having fun for the first time in a very very long time. And sometimes a little too much fun.


April -






I flew out to Arizona to meet my girls Princess and Elle and had one of the greatest weekends of my life. Drinking, talking, drinking, laughing, drinking, and karaoke. Workboot, bojangle, lepracorn. To my Superwomen, thank you thank you thank you and I love you both. You rock my face off.


May -



With the house finally sold it was time for me to move out and on my own. I sold most of what I had in the house and moved the rest, along with Delighla, into my very first apartment.


June -



Dessert.  Sweet baby Jesus this was amazing.

Dallas, spaced out

Living on my own, enjoying the apartment pool, hitting some clubs with friends, and loving summertime. My good friend Lise came all the way from New York just to visit me. I so needed that and I cannot thank her enough for what she has done for me.


July -








Another trip to Arizona for SWMH Club -Part The Thrice! Hanging with my girls was good for the soul. Then there was dating and concerts and the beginning of something very special and very unexpected.


August -



Loadin'

The cuteness

Mariachi band!

Enjoying the last few weeks of summer, falling in love, and making new friends. A river trip that created awesome memories and nights out that I will never forget.


September -

Typical male

Lookit how cute we are

Kimberly and I

I acquired a couple of new roommates and have never been happier. Going to parties, Oktoberfests with friends, every weekend was jam-packed with fun.


October -

Mmmmm...beer



The "Windex" was quite yummy

With summer officially over, and after waiting over a year and a half, I finally went back home to Missouri for a visit. Thomas met my family and they instantly fell in love with him. I can't blame them really, I did the same. At the end of the month was a Halloween party and a costume prop that was wildly popular.


November -



Divorce flowers

November felt like it flew by in a matter of hours instead of weeks. On the go constantly it was a blur of parties, nights out, and then Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving with Thomas and his family and was welcomed with open arms. For the first time in a very long time I was accepted by my significant other's family, without question.


December -

Yea baby!

PREZZIESSSS!!!!!

Christmas!!

Awwww....we are so cute

What a fantastic way to end such an incredible year. With parties to attend and Christmas fast approaching December was gone in a flash. Shopping for gifts for friends and family, a trip to Missouri, and playing with all of our new toys from Christmas. A Christmas that I'll never forget. Now it's on to New Years...there will be mucho celebration.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record at this point but I don't care. I'm still in total shock over how much has changed this year. Everything is different and I couldn't be happier. My grandmother told me in January that within six months my life would be different, better. So much better that I wouldn't even look back. I didn't believe her at the time but I know now. I don't even care when she tells me "I told you soooo" because it was all worth it. The pain in the beginning was made into happiness in the present and hope for the future. There is so much to look forward to in the new year. New friends to meet, old friends to see, and new memories that will be made. Absolutely anything is possible for 2009 and I cannot wait to see what it has in store for me.

I wish everyone a very safe and a very Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Trashman said...

hAPPY nEW yEARS if you ever come to Austin again you better let me know.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years! That was such a great post. It really gives me hope and some clarity. It was kind of a stress reliever really.

We all can put so much pressure on ourselves to make things different and better immediately. All we need to do is wait a few months and things will completely change.

Great post Mo! ;-)

Anonymous said...

2009 is the year of de-cluttering for me. I should post about it. Heh.

Happy New You babygirl, bogangle